Administrators tasked with developing and managing an ETD program face a variety of technical and organizational challenges. The resources listed below may be helpful.
- The ETD Guide includes information about the value of ETDs, how to set up and then assess an ETD program, technology, intellectual property issues, budgeting, and much more.
- How to Set up an ETD Submission Program, is a ten-point roadmap for starting your ETD program.
- ETD Preservation is a collection of resources about ensuring long-term open access to ETDs with sound, affordable preservation strategies.
- Supporting ETDs at a Typical University Library offers a rundown of costs for an ETD program.
- ETD-db: Technical resources for developers of ETD databases
- UMI ETD Administrator (Proquest/UMI) is a web-based system that allows students to submit dissertations and theses to Proquest/UMI and allows university administrators to manage the process.
- Valet for ETDs (VTLS) is a web-based system that allows users to submit dissertations and theses to a FEDORA digital repository and allows administrators to control who submits content and how it is submitted.
- OAI-PMH Interface to NDLTD Union Archive
OAI-PMH v2.0 machine interface to harvest metadata from NDLTD's central metadata collection. External services and portals may directly connect to this service for seamless integration of ETD harvesting into any other system. Managed by the University of Cape Town Digital Libraries Laboratory.
- List of ETD collections and numbers of records
A list of all institutions whose ETD metadata has been harvested.
- Search SRU Provided by OCLC
(no longer maintained as of January 2011)
SRU Web Service machine interface to perform remote searches through OCLC's central metadata collection. External services and portals may directly connect to this service for seamless integration of ETD searching into any other system.