We cordially invite individuals, academic libraries, universities, and other organizations involved in disseminating and archiving electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs) to become members of the NDLTD. Membership will connect you to a growing community dedicated to improving access to scholarly works. You can also subscribe to the NDLTD email list to join our ongoing discussions.
You may join for the first time, renew your membership, or revise your individual or institutional profile using our online membership system:
Benefits of membership include:
- Support for harvesting your institution’s ETDs into the NDLTD Union Catalog, thereby increasing their visibility
- Support for developing a long-term preservation strategy through the NDLTD’s partnership with the MetaArchive Cooperative
- Eligibility for NDLTD ETD awards
- Eligibility to serve on NDLTD committees and working groups
- Eligibility for a mentoring program
- Discounts on exhibits and displays at annual symposia
- Conference registration fee discounts for selected events
Individual Membership: for anyone interested in supporting the goals of the NDLTD. Annual dues: $25.
Institutional Membership: for a single degree-granting institution or a supporting organization, such as a library, involved in disseminating and archiving ETDs. Annual dues: $300.
Consortia or multi-campus university systems: for organizations that want to offer NDLTD Institutional Membership as a benefit to their own members. The annual membership dues for a consortium are $300 plus $150 per member of the consortium. For example, a consortium of ten libraries would pay: $300 + 10 x $150 = $1800.
Developing Nations: for organizations from countries not categorized under Very High or High Human Development in the most recent. The annual dues for these organizations are one-third of regular dues. Subject to approval from the NDLTD Board of Directors, annual dues may be waived for some organizations in developing nations.